Sunday, March 24, 2013

No Mess Easter Egg Decorating

We found an awesome way to decorate eggs this year. Most importantly with NO MESS! I am not a big fan of the get a hundred cups out, and make a huge mess situation.

 I also have to admit, I am kind if a slacker when it comes to doing Easter stuff. Not sure why I slack off. Maybe because I am a partial holiday scrooge. - I know, who knew? I love holidays but they always seem to be so much work for this working mamma of two. So I need short cuts!!!
 
I did make an Easter wreath for the front door, so that's that, and we also made these awesome eggs!

Here is how we did it!



All you do is make small designs on your egg. Or really draw ANYTHING you want!



That's IT!
 I find that if you want a more sophisticated egg that you should just repeat one pattern and use one color.
 

Perfect for the 4-6 age group, and up! I LOVED this project!
And so did my 5 year old...



Hannah and I were arguing over who would do the last egg.



We used permanent markers so if you do try this with little, little kids, see if washable markers work.
Daddy even did an egg with us....see....



.... His choice of "pattern" Humpty Dumpty.



Be careful though, we had one casualty. :(



Aren't they cute?



Hannah insisted on doing one with "ocean creatures and mermaids."



So much fun and NO MESS!


PS- The BIC Permanent markers were on sale at Target this week. $5.99 for this whole pack (14 total) and the colors and brightness were awesome!
 
Happy Decorating!
 
L

For behind the scenes photos follow me on INSTAGRAM: Laurosario

No comments:

Post a Comment