Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Giving Tree

Did you have a favorite book when you were a little kid? One that you couldn't get enough of no matter how many times you looked at it, or how many times you read it?
 I did- it was:

THE GIVING TREE
 

I'm not sure what it was about the book. Maybe it was that it didn't have that many
words, or that it was simply illustrated....
 

Whatever it was it stuck with me, into adulthood.
 
 
 

Well, last night my sweet daughter Hannah chose this book to read at bedtime. And when we were done, she said that they had this book in her classroom at school, and that she was sad when one of the other friends got to look at it and she had to choose something else....
 
 
  
And my response to that: "ME TOO!" Mommy had THE same thing happen to her when she was your age, Hannah! --and the conversation didnt end there---- opened up a world of questions from my mini.

SCORE!
 
Do you have a favorite book? Do you remember taking the same book out at the school library every day when you were a kid? I guess the moral if the story is -

READ TO YOUR CHILDREN 

at bedtime- those moments will probably be the most precious moments you will
EVER
have with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment